Christi's Corner

Thursday, November 01, 2007

November, already?

Well, my week is essentially over. The 201-ers are currently engaged in a peer review and in my final class for the day I get to lecture on avoiding plagiarism. Those who know me know that this is my favorite soapbox. That 5 o'clock 101 class is usually pretty entertaining anyway. It's really nice that the last class of the day, at an hour when I should be sipping a margarita and eating dinner, is so fun to go to.

It was really sad yesterday. No trick-or-treaters came to our house. We live kind of in the middle of a field, so it wasn't surprising, but it was still disappointing. Ah, I'll just have to eat the candy myself. Yay candy! Currently I'm on a Skittles, Milky Way, & Jr. Mint binge. It's delicious.

Tonight I have a full line-up of TV to watch. Grey's is longer than an hour even! This will give me something to do since K won't be home. I also have a scarf to knit on. It's a little manish, but it'll be nice and warm when it's finished. I can't wear a hat because...I don't want to.

Talk about the need for paragraph unity--should I hold that against myself the way I hold it against my students? Nah, I have those fancy letters after my name.

Sometimes I read your blog. You're so witty. The stories are so funny. The pictures are entertaining. My life seems too boring to blog about. The only things that happen to me are sleep, puppy, lesson plans, husband, students yelling at me, grading...it's tiring. Oh, and sometimes I facebook-lurk. That's an excellent time waster.

Peer review and in-class essays are truly the greatest invention for a teacher. Peer review more so, since you do have to actually grade the in-class essays at some point. Instead of teaching for 6.5 straight hours, I got to sit on my butt and entertain questions for 3.25 of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are pretty. They have a specific name, but I don't know what it is. I used to, but have since purged that information.

Well, the last pair of students is done. I will retreat back to my office and yak with my office mate until the time for the great plagiarism lecture. By great I mean lengthy and also engaging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home