Taking a break from stupid Keats paper...and a funny story
Although this week sucks hardcore on the homework front, there was a bright spot during Poetry/Drama today:
Dr. J discussing "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time" asked a critical question to the interpretation of the poem--
"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"..."What does that mean? What are your rosebuds?"
No response from the sleepy undergrads
"You! You in the back with the hat! Yes, you!" points to a boy in the back row "what are your rosebuds?"
The boy, and I don't mind saying he was cute, pushes his hat back and ponders for just a fraction of a second.
"Uh, sleep with as many people as I can?"
Dr. J's jaw literally drops and she turns to me.
"I didn't know he was going to say that. I thought he would say travel."
Ah, yes. Rosebuds=travel. Especially to 19 year old boys.
Dr. J discussing "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time" asked a critical question to the interpretation of the poem--
"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may"..."What does that mean? What are your rosebuds?"
No response from the sleepy undergrads
"You! You in the back with the hat! Yes, you!" points to a boy in the back row "what are your rosebuds?"
The boy, and I don't mind saying he was cute, pushes his hat back and ponders for just a fraction of a second.
"Uh, sleep with as many people as I can?"
Dr. J's jaw literally drops and she turns to me.
"I didn't know he was going to say that. I thought he would say travel."
Ah, yes. Rosebuds=travel. Especially to 19 year old boys.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home