Christi's Corner

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A funny story...well, I have a bizzare sense of humor

So I decided to paint up my nails all fancy in honor of going to Wisconsin next week. Besides, I was bored and didn't want to read the Keats stuff yet.

Suddenly I remembered something that made me stop in my finger-painting-tracks:

When I was in my undergrad there was the most lovely girl named Tara. Honestly, she was one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen up close, plus she was nice. She had been dating this boy from her hometown for many, many years (6 maybe?) and was convinced he was going to propose soon. Every weekend she went back home to see him. Starting in early September she had her nails done before she went home for the weekend just in case she needed to show off a shiney new thing on the third finger of her left hand. For a good 5 weeks she had her nails done like clockwork on Thursday afternoon. No proposal. The 6th week she decided that it wasn't going to happen so she didn't have them done. Naturally, that was the week he proposed.


I need to get nail polish remover ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home