Christi's Corner

Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Post for Jacob Kempfert

My friend Jacob is AWESOME. That is why I will post this poem without his permission because I think it is beautiful and should be shared. At least I'm giving him credit, right?

Paradelle

We walked up the steps in the night.
We walked up the steps in the night.
I'll always remember the cold October.
I'll always remember the cold October.
October night, we walked in the cold.
I'll remember, up the steps, the always.

This is already familiar, like Paris.
This is already familiar, like Paris.
Your eyes saw the lights beneath you.
Your eyes saw the lights beneath you.
You, the already lights, saw this is.
Like beneath your familiar Paris eyes.

You carry my heart, with me.
You carry my heart, with me.
You dance slowly in your dreams.
You dance slowly in your dreams.
You carry your heart slowly in my dreams.
You dance with me.

This is like me, with you.
The steps already dance beneath you.
In your familiar eyes, my heart.
Walked slowly up the October lights.
The cold in Paris; I'll carry your dreams.
You saw the night we always remember.


Thank you, Jacob. For making me feel inadequate as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home