Christi's Corner

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Blog O' Chad

This is an adulation for the dear Chad.

As you well may know, I happen to have an enormous crush on my colleague. But what you may not know is that he has deeply impacted my outlook on my relationship.

For several years I have been in a vital, loving relationship with a wonderful man. Recently, however, my fellow and I have had some serious discussions about the future. The uncertain future with him caused some serious concerns in my mind about our relationship.
(You see, he goes to the Seminary in Wisconsin next year to continue his studies for the pastoral ministry. While I am completely supportive of his academic and life goals, I am not supportive of being apart for 4 years.)

So what does this have to do with the promised adulation for Chad? Here it begins, the wait is over—

I thought that there weren’t any good guys out there. When I met Chad I realized it wasn’t true. There are, in fact, really awesome guys still out there. Hanging out with Chad showed me that there really were guys that were fun, smart, and kind.

What am I getting at? I’m not sure, but this is therapeutic for me, so bear with me.

Realizing all of that there were other guys out there led me to consider whether or not I was with Kurt because it was comfortable and safe or because I really love him. That is actually a really important thing that people don’t think about enough in my opinion. We had several fierce conversations because of my inconstancy, but in the end we came to a conclusion.

I really love him. I love him as a friend, a brother in Christ, a confidant, and a lover. We can communicate with each other, no matter how hard it is, and keep working at our relationship until we reach a point where we are both satisfied.

So here’s my point.

Thank you, Chad. For nothing more than being your awesome self. And I hope I embarrassed you, at least a little.

P.S. Now you all know what I do during my Comp. class instead of teaching. Shhh, don't tell Randall.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Chad said…

    Wow. Thanks you for your kind words, Christi. I feel profoundly flattered. :) I'm glad I could shed light on your relationship with Kurt and guy-dom in general. You're swell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home