I lied
That's right, I lied. I will not regale you with stories of wonderment and beauty from Europe. Instead I will tell you of my miserable existence living with my parents and other distressing things about my summer. Oh yay.
1) My parents screamed at me last night because they think I don't know how to make popcorn. No, no...it's OK. I'm a graduate student--think I've got the popcorn covered. After the swearing (my family is into that) and screaming, my father informed me that he doesn't want to have to pay for food that I ruin. I would like to mention that I ate every single piece of that popcorn. I didn't enjoy it.
p.s. not a single damn piece was burnt
2) My friend Shawn who works at a florist informed me today that non-smelling roses last longer than the smelling ones. Why have a freaking rose that doesn't smell? What's the point? He told me that commercial florists hybridize them so they don't smell and therefore will last longer. Assholes.
3) Kurt works at the lumber mill in town. More specifically, he works as a press operator at the plywood plant. If you know wood, you know SOCOMI. My new favorite thing is to wear my adorable "save the trees" shirt when I bring his lunch.
4) I hate my reading list. Oh, let's get right down to it, I hate everything about reading or school or exams. I especially hate Wuthering Heights. Who had the bright idea to put that on her list? The same stupid girl who is now taking it off her list. I give that book an "F"--well, to be fair, I give it an incomplete.
5) Voltaire on the other hand, amused my pants off. Now he is done and will be typed up and put away for a while. Will someone please tell me exactly how we are supposed to be studying for this nonsense? Because nonsense it is!
In other news...I guess that's it. I appologize for the lying. Good thing I'm a Lutheran.
1) My parents screamed at me last night because they think I don't know how to make popcorn. No, no...it's OK. I'm a graduate student--think I've got the popcorn covered. After the swearing (my family is into that) and screaming, my father informed me that he doesn't want to have to pay for food that I ruin. I would like to mention that I ate every single piece of that popcorn. I didn't enjoy it.
p.s. not a single damn piece was burnt
2) My friend Shawn who works at a florist informed me today that non-smelling roses last longer than the smelling ones. Why have a freaking rose that doesn't smell? What's the point? He told me that commercial florists hybridize them so they don't smell and therefore will last longer. Assholes.
3) Kurt works at the lumber mill in town. More specifically, he works as a press operator at the plywood plant. If you know wood, you know SOCOMI. My new favorite thing is to wear my adorable "save the trees" shirt when I bring his lunch.
4) I hate my reading list. Oh, let's get right down to it, I hate everything about reading or school or exams. I especially hate Wuthering Heights. Who had the bright idea to put that on her list? The same stupid girl who is now taking it off her list. I give that book an "F"--well, to be fair, I give it an incomplete.
5) Voltaire on the other hand, amused my pants off. Now he is done and will be typed up and put away for a while. Will someone please tell me exactly how we are supposed to be studying for this nonsense? Because nonsense it is!
In other news...I guess that's it. I appologize for the lying. Good thing I'm a Lutheran.

1 Comments:
At 7:06 AM,
Kristin said…
It IS nonsense. I studied just a bit and passed. Don't read everything because you can tailor your questions to what you've read. You will do just fine. Loveyamissyabye!
Post a Comment
<< Home