Here, Schai-bear, this one's for you
So Kristin said I had to blog again. And I always do what Kristin tells me to do. I told her that I had nothing to blog about because my life is on pause right now, but I am compelled to obey her whim, so here I am.
This summer is going to be shit-tastic. I'm teaching a new class completely online even though I've never taught an online class before. I know none of the specs for this class because the man who runs the program doesn't email you back after your contract is signed. I'm also teaching a summer session of intermediate writing, which I hate. The saving grace is the third class--postcolonial literature. The turd in that blessing is that the class is at a college in a different state than I reside in. And there's a huge lake in between. It's cool though; I'll just commute around the GREAT lake and teach there M/W nights while teaching in my home (for the moment) state on M/T/W/Th mornings. Does that sound even physically possible? I'm pretty sure it isn't...somehow, through online lessons/class cancelations and getting up for my 4am commute, I might just be able to pull it off.
Enough whining. For now.
Stupid blogger won't let me upload this horrible picture of me and my friend Sara on my wedding day. Too bad. It makes it look like a true shotgun wedding what with me looking all preggo. You'll just have to imagine it.
This summer is going to be shit-tastic. I'm teaching a new class completely online even though I've never taught an online class before. I know none of the specs for this class because the man who runs the program doesn't email you back after your contract is signed. I'm also teaching a summer session of intermediate writing, which I hate. The saving grace is the third class--postcolonial literature. The turd in that blessing is that the class is at a college in a different state than I reside in. And there's a huge lake in between. It's cool though; I'll just commute around the GREAT lake and teach there M/W nights while teaching in my home (for the moment) state on M/T/W/Th mornings. Does that sound even physically possible? I'm pretty sure it isn't...somehow, through online lessons/class cancelations and getting up for my 4am commute, I might just be able to pull it off.
Enough whining. For now.
Stupid blogger won't let me upload this horrible picture of me and my friend Sara on my wedding day. Too bad. It makes it look like a true shotgun wedding what with me looking all preggo. You'll just have to imagine it.

1 Comments:
At 9:28 AM,
Kristin said…
YAY! I still can't believe you are going to be commuting so much. But good for you:)
And I want to see that picture!
Post a Comment
<< Home