Monday--again
Things with my fellow are back on track. We had a few lengthy conversations this weekend. I cried, he cried--I feel better about things now and I think he does too. It's hard to tell sometimes though because he takes so much longer to deal with things than I do. Once I'm over it, I'm over it and I don't look back. Kurt, on the other hand, ponders things and mulls them over for-freaking-ever.
The 'for-freaking-ever' bit is my new thing. I've decided I swear too much. Well, I knew that I swore too much already, but last night I was reading Ch. 3 in James and I felt like he was talking right to me:
1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check... 9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
How can I proclaim to be a Christian and try to live my life accordingly if I can't even keep my own tongue under control? Just another addition to the list of things I need to work on in my life.
************************************************************************************
The semester is crashing to a close. I'll start to freak out within another week or so. Let's make a little list of things to do:
Bib/Research: Review of Lit (April 22)
World Novel: Music Presentation (April 26)
Comp. Theory: Response Paper (April 28)
Book Reviews (May 5)
"The Grid" (May 12)
Teaching Statement (May 12)
F.T.C.P(ain in my ass): Capstone (April 26)
Oh, the fun.
The 'for-freaking-ever' bit is my new thing. I've decided I swear too much. Well, I knew that I swore too much already, but last night I was reading Ch. 3 in James and I felt like he was talking right to me:
1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check... 9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
How can I proclaim to be a Christian and try to live my life accordingly if I can't even keep my own tongue under control? Just another addition to the list of things I need to work on in my life.
************************************************************************************
The semester is crashing to a close. I'll start to freak out within another week or so. Let's make a little list of things to do:
Bib/Research: Review of Lit (April 22)
World Novel: Music Presentation (April 26)
Comp. Theory: Response Paper (April 28)
Book Reviews (May 5)
"The Grid" (May 12)
Teaching Statement (May 12)
F.T.C.P(ain in my ass): Capstone (April 26)
Oh, the fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home