Christi's Corner

Friday, April 08, 2005

Queasy & Easy

This afternoon I'm holding conferences with several of my students. Usually this is not a nerve-wracking procedure, but today is different.
Today I have to talk with the nicest young fellow in my class. He is the sweetest, most respectful kid and is doing really well in the class. He is also a plagiarizer.
I'm talking to him about it, seeing if he owns up to it (stolen from Chad Jacob's "How to Deal With Plagiarism" guide), and then deciding on a course of action. If he does own up to it, I will fail the paper and report the plagiarism, but allow him to remain in my class. If he doesn't, I will have to tell him that he has failed Comp. 101 and not to return to class.
This job is harder than it looks.

In happier news, I have 3 dates this weekend. Well, just let me pretend that they are dates, OK?
Friday- dinner with KW
Sat-ice skating and COS with TQ and KH respectively
Sun-the blind date for Jacob and Portia for which I am being escorted by CK

And this morning, Tchotchke (my darling little trinket) let me hold her without biting me. Have a fantastical day kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home