As if I need more stress in my life
And so the ring saga continues:
It was overnighted with UPS on Thursday. Since they don't deliver on Sat, it was supposed to get here today between 9am-7pm. I was at home all day. As soon as it got dark, I turned on the porch light and opened all the blinds so that the driver would be sure to see that someone was home. The only time I moved from the main room (where I can see out the windows) was to go to the bathroom and to cook dinner.
Laura stopped over around 5:30 to bring me some cookies (I couldn't go get them because I was, you know, waiting for the UPS truck). When she came in, she said, "oh! you must have gotten your ring back; i just saw the UPS truck leave the neighborhood."
So I checked online and sure enough theydelivered it to a female resident. I flipped out and called them. They said they'd call me back in an hour.
Since I knew that it was delivered in my neighborhood, I put on my flip flops and sweatshirt, grabbed my flashlight, and as I was hyperventilating and sobbing, toured the neighborhood looking for my box.
At 608, a stoner answered the door. It took a good 30 seconds for him to understand what I meant by "package" then he said, "oh! that! was that for you?" He walked upstairs, grabbed it off the step, and handed it to me.
2 hrs later UPS called to tell me that they called the driver at home and they couldn't get a hold of him. But when they did get a hold of him, they would debrief him and they would tell him that if he leaves a package at a neighbor, he has to leave me a note. Helpful. I don't live at 608. In fact, I live at 609. Jerks.
1 near heart attack and mental breakdown later.
Ring is back on finger.
It was overnighted with UPS on Thursday. Since they don't deliver on Sat, it was supposed to get here today between 9am-7pm. I was at home all day. As soon as it got dark, I turned on the porch light and opened all the blinds so that the driver would be sure to see that someone was home. The only time I moved from the main room (where I can see out the windows) was to go to the bathroom and to cook dinner.
Laura stopped over around 5:30 to bring me some cookies (I couldn't go get them because I was, you know, waiting for the UPS truck). When she came in, she said, "oh! you must have gotten your ring back; i just saw the UPS truck leave the neighborhood."
So I checked online and sure enough theydelivered it to a female resident. I flipped out and called them. They said they'd call me back in an hour.
Since I knew that it was delivered in my neighborhood, I put on my flip flops and sweatshirt, grabbed my flashlight, and as I was hyperventilating and sobbing, toured the neighborhood looking for my box.
At 608, a stoner answered the door. It took a good 30 seconds for him to understand what I meant by "package" then he said, "oh! that! was that for you?" He walked upstairs, grabbed it off the step, and handed it to me.
2 hrs later UPS called to tell me that they called the driver at home and they couldn't get a hold of him. But when they did get a hold of him, they would debrief him and they would tell him that if he leaves a package at a neighbor, he has to leave me a note. Helpful. I don't live at 608. In fact, I live at 609. Jerks.
1 near heart attack and mental breakdown later.
Ring is back on finger.

4 Comments:
At 8:16 AM,
Michael David MacBride said…
Wow. I've had UPS jerk me around a number of times... but nothing quite like that. I'm sorry that happened, but glad it's back on your finger.
So, onto another stressful topic... when are your Comprehensive Exams?
At 2:40 PM,
Christi said…
Saturday. Thanks a lot, jerkface!
Um, just like to add that word verification is awesome:
oiysxnru
Yes, OIY, sxn r u.
That kinda just made up for the shitty day I had yesterday.
At 5:41 PM,
Kristin said…
*Yawn* - I like the picture of your class though.
At 6:22 AM,
Michael David MacBride said…
Jerkface? Man, now that's harsh. And to think I was considering doing something nice... oh well.
Word verification: wodrhdui
Use it in a sentence: "So sorrrzy, oppificer. One or two beeerz. Imma professor of ENGLIshhf. You can't! You wodrhdui?!"
Post a Comment
<< Home