Christi's Corner

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Relationships

It's amazing what we will put up with. The things we will do in order to learn how to live with the person we love. We are such selfish individuals. How can we learn to adapt to each other's quirks?

I think we'll probably fight a lot when we're first married. He is a bottler. I am a communicator. I like to have my space. He will try to sleep on my side. We will undoubtedly drive each other crazy.

So why bother? What makes it all worthwhile?

I don't know. It's just what we do.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Michael David MacBride said…

    I can, unfortunately, testify to the fact that the first year is the most difficult. Despite how ever close you've been up until then, despite how you may have lived together, despite how you may think "Why would marriage be any different?", it just is.

    After you start settling into a routine, and realize "Holy shit, this other person is _always_ around. What the hell..." Or, then the stupid things, like you said... sides of the bed, having to check the locks before going to bed, doublechecking that the lights are off, deciding where to set the thermostat (and whether to turn it down at night)... it does in fact suck. By the second and third year, things go much more smoothly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home