Christi's Corner

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm a Master of the Arts--ALL OF THEM!

Kristin was right, wasn't she? I'm just not quite done over here. Call me a liar if you will, but for posteriety you can look to your left and see me in all my Master's degree glory.

What a nightmare this week has been. Here's the rundown of activities:

Wed: Thesis defense & my parents showed up
Thur: To Rochester to pick up champagne
Fri: To WI to pick up new car, Connie fly in to surprise me, Kurt arrives
Sat: Graduation
Sun: Connie up to the airport & fight with Dad

I only can wonder what activities will happen this week. Everyone thinks that I have nothing to do anymore now that I've gotten that pesky Master's degree out of the way. Obviously I have tons of time to "concentrate on the wedding." You know what? The wedding has turned into a circus. It is not the way I wanted because everyone has to do their own thing instead of just doing what I ask them to do. Everyone had a job--they didn't need to go off and invent stuff to do. I'm so over this wedding that I could scream.

Our wedding will be fantastic. I only wish the madness would end there. But does it? No. It's not as if we could enjoy our honeymoon and relax because when we come back from it there will be a million more things to stress about and take care of. As if there isn't enough to do--what with moving, changing my name, getting car insurance, getting a WI driver's liscence, finding part time employment, etc, etc, etc. I know! What fun it would be to have a whole round of wedding chaos all over again! Horray!

As usual, I have blogged to release my frustrations. I hate seating charts, I'm very upset with some family stuff right now, and my parents are living at my one bedroom apartment with me. Sharing a bed with my Mother for 3 weeks was not in my dream plan of getting ready for my wedding.

This weekend I'm going up to the cities for a girly escape with Kristin-don't poke the bear-Schai. Thank God. By Friday I'll need it desperately.

Word Verification: CUXUIFY

"If the wedding circus doesn't get under control, I'm going to cuxuify someone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home