Christi's Corner

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sept. 11

I wanted to say something to my students today. I couldn't. I wanted to say that 5 years ago I was a freshman in college just like they are and was headed to my freshman English class when I saw the first footage. I didn't know what to say or how to say it. I wanted to have them journal about where they were 5 years ago.

Then I realized that most of them were 13. They probably know that it's important because our society is still talking about it, there are documentaries about it, and there's some sort of war going on. But it really struck me because this is something that impacted my life so much and it's something that might not be as important to them. Obviously things impact different people differently.

But the gap has never seemed as large as it did today.

It's only widening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home