It may just be the numbing pain in my mouth...
I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth out this afternoon. Yeah, I feel like crap.
Looking back on the semester, I will admit it's been rough. I feel like I have been jerked around a lot. That said, I have also learned a lot and accomplished a ton.
If you asked me a few years ago if I'd be working over my Christmas break on a thesis for my Master's program, I would've laughed at you. I hadn't dreamed I would make it this far, go through the stress of Comps and come through the other side.
It was very different to teach a night class this semester. They certainly had a different vibe than any of my other classes. Through the ups and downs, though, I feel like I'm really coming into my own as a teacher. I may not be fantastic yet, but I'm getting better. And contrary to whatever anyone may think, I am enjoying it.
You know if you've met me that I'm not the pee-my-pants-excited, grinning, cartwheel kind of person. I'm just not. The first word to describe me wouldn't be bubbly. But I am dedicated. I am organized. I want to be the best at whatever I am trying to do. And I will work hard at whatever task you set before me.
This was a really tough semester for me. I'm so glad it's over. But you know what, you can't put me down. Bring on the next semester because I'm ready for it!
I'm ready for a whole new set of challenges as I get ready to teach 201. Can you believe they are letting me teach 201? I'm excited about it. I have 2 great texts and I can't wait to meet a whole new set of kids who are enthused (hopefully) about writing.
I'm ready to try to get the thesis together. I understand there's a real possibility it might not get finished. It's a big deal. I get it. But I'm going to have the most Pollyanna attitude I can because I'm going to go after it.
Oh, and there's that whole wedding to plan.
Sometimes I get discouraged and feel that everyone is out to get me, the students hate me, everything is so hard, blah blah blah. Then I have to make myself remember-- TO GET OVER MYSELF.
It's hard for all of us. And each of us faces different challenges that try to keep us from where we want to go. I'm not sure where I'm going with this...it's so nice to be writing and not about Chopin for once!
Let's do it, you guys! Let's make 2006 the best yet.
Because I know it will only get better.
Looking back on the semester, I will admit it's been rough. I feel like I have been jerked around a lot. That said, I have also learned a lot and accomplished a ton.
If you asked me a few years ago if I'd be working over my Christmas break on a thesis for my Master's program, I would've laughed at you. I hadn't dreamed I would make it this far, go through the stress of Comps and come through the other side.
It was very different to teach a night class this semester. They certainly had a different vibe than any of my other classes. Through the ups and downs, though, I feel like I'm really coming into my own as a teacher. I may not be fantastic yet, but I'm getting better. And contrary to whatever anyone may think, I am enjoying it.
You know if you've met me that I'm not the pee-my-pants-excited, grinning, cartwheel kind of person. I'm just not. The first word to describe me wouldn't be bubbly. But I am dedicated. I am organized. I want to be the best at whatever I am trying to do. And I will work hard at whatever task you set before me.
This was a really tough semester for me. I'm so glad it's over. But you know what, you can't put me down. Bring on the next semester because I'm ready for it!
I'm ready for a whole new set of challenges as I get ready to teach 201. Can you believe they are letting me teach 201? I'm excited about it. I have 2 great texts and I can't wait to meet a whole new set of kids who are enthused (hopefully) about writing.
I'm ready to try to get the thesis together. I understand there's a real possibility it might not get finished. It's a big deal. I get it. But I'm going to have the most Pollyanna attitude I can because I'm going to go after it.
Oh, and there's that whole wedding to plan.
Sometimes I get discouraged and feel that everyone is out to get me, the students hate me, everything is so hard, blah blah blah. Then I have to make myself remember-- TO GET OVER MYSELF.
It's hard for all of us. And each of us faces different challenges that try to keep us from where we want to go. I'm not sure where I'm going with this...it's so nice to be writing and not about Chopin for once!
Let's do it, you guys! Let's make 2006 the best yet.
Because I know it will only get better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home