It's been a long time coming
It's been a long semester.
In fact, the entirety of grad school has been tiresome. Der, it's grad school.
It is advent. A time when we look forward to the birth and 2nd coming of Christ. I have been contemplating this for about a week. Pastor told us at the midweek service a few days ago to tell the person behind us in the grocery store line about Jesus. I have always had a hard time doing that because I don't want to be looked on as one of those Christian weirdos. However, I realized by not saying anything, ever, I am denying a core part of my being. I may not be able to discuss Christ's coming with the people behind me at Walmart, but at least I must try harder to not hide behind my faith.
When combated by images and messages contrary to my beliefs, I simply cannot ignore them and remain quiet. I am doing myself, as well as my God, a disservice if I do.
Will I pick up flack for this assertion so unlike me? Probably. But it's time I got off my lazy butt and claimed my inheritance in God's kingdom loud and proud.
Call me a Bible-thumper. I'm ready.
In fact, the entirety of grad school has been tiresome. Der, it's grad school.
It is advent. A time when we look forward to the birth and 2nd coming of Christ. I have been contemplating this for about a week. Pastor told us at the midweek service a few days ago to tell the person behind us in the grocery store line about Jesus. I have always had a hard time doing that because I don't want to be looked on as one of those Christian weirdos. However, I realized by not saying anything, ever, I am denying a core part of my being. I may not be able to discuss Christ's coming with the people behind me at Walmart, but at least I must try harder to not hide behind my faith.
When combated by images and messages contrary to my beliefs, I simply cannot ignore them and remain quiet. I am doing myself, as well as my God, a disservice if I do.
Will I pick up flack for this assertion so unlike me? Probably. But it's time I got off my lazy butt and claimed my inheritance in God's kingdom loud and proud.
Call me a Bible-thumper. I'm ready.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home