Tuesday Evening
I wonder if blogging is just too much like writing and that's why I've been avoiding it.
No thesis update this time. I hate it.
No wedding update this time. I'm indifferent to it.
No kvetching about teaching this time. They're great.
So what do I blog about if I'm not going to complain about something? I don't know if I've written very many blogs about things that are good in my life. I can't remember any at this moment, but I'm sure there were some--sometime.
Just bought the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack. Excellent. Love it. I hope it wins the Oscar. I dig acoustic guitar. However, it makes me want to send a note to a classmate from BLC and say: "listen to this. does it sound like someone ripped you off? yes? hmm. someone should be doing a lot more with their musical talent than they are, shouldn't they?"
For those of us not that talented, we can just enjoy those that are.
Speaking of music, and we were (although this is dangerously close to talking about the wedding...) I'm looking for a jazz trio/quartet if anyone has any connections. I've found a couple possible groups up in the cities, but I'd rather go with someone local. If you know of any musicians looking to make some extra cash, send 'em along my way, would ya?
Tonight I'm cooking up some delicious chicken & vegetables and having a friend over for dinner. After which, I will kick him out and actually do some work. Hopefully. Meeting tomorrow am with advisor to discuss the thing I'm not going to talk about here.
This semester I feel so disconnected from everyone. We're all on a different schedule and I hardly see anyone. That makes me sad. It's my last semester in Mankato. Unbelievable. I guess it's just about the time to face up to my grow- up, out-of-school life.
No thesis update this time. I hate it.
No wedding update this time. I'm indifferent to it.
No kvetching about teaching this time. They're great.
So what do I blog about if I'm not going to complain about something? I don't know if I've written very many blogs about things that are good in my life. I can't remember any at this moment, but I'm sure there were some--sometime.
Just bought the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack. Excellent. Love it. I hope it wins the Oscar. I dig acoustic guitar. However, it makes me want to send a note to a classmate from BLC and say: "listen to this. does it sound like someone ripped you off? yes? hmm. someone should be doing a lot more with their musical talent than they are, shouldn't they?"
For those of us not that talented, we can just enjoy those that are.
Speaking of music, and we were (although this is dangerously close to talking about the wedding...) I'm looking for a jazz trio/quartet if anyone has any connections. I've found a couple possible groups up in the cities, but I'd rather go with someone local. If you know of any musicians looking to make some extra cash, send 'em along my way, would ya?
Tonight I'm cooking up some delicious chicken & vegetables and having a friend over for dinner. After which, I will kick him out and actually do some work. Hopefully. Meeting tomorrow am with advisor to discuss the thing I'm not going to talk about here.
This semester I feel so disconnected from everyone. We're all on a different schedule and I hardly see anyone. That makes me sad. It's my last semester in Mankato. Unbelievable. I guess it's just about the time to face up to my grow- up, out-of-school life.

1 Comments:
At 10:08 AM,
-C said…
Saw the link off of Kristin's blog and thought I would reply to your inquiry. The Jim McGuire Trio played at my wedding reception (at BLC). Very reasonable price and they are great players. Not sure how active they are now. Made a great talking/dancing atmosphere. If they aren't available, I'm sure they could give you a recommendation.
Post a Comment
<< Home