Thesis Avoidance III
Another afternoon full of Faulkner and Chopin. I'm surprised at some of the concurrent ideas--but I guess I shouldn't be. They are both American writers looking at the South and the recurring themes of religion, race, etc.
2 hrs later and I'm only on the top of pg. 6. It's so disappointing to work through the afternoon and have so little to show for it. In an attempt to make myself feel better, I will make a list of what I have so far:
Chapter I: Intro (3 pgs of mumbo-jumbo)
Chapter II: Review of Lit (13 pgs that needs some serious help)
Chapter III: Definition (6 pgs--what I'm working on now. Hoping it's going somewhere)
Chapter IV: Solitude (11 pgs in need of some reshaping and expansion)
Chapter V: Sacrifice (16 pgs that needs to be restructured and revised)
Chapter VI: Conclusion (I have none which could be why writing the other chapters is so difficult right now!)
The only reason I like to list things is because they seem so neat and orderly in list form. See, it looks like I have 49 pgs of something worth speaking of. Whether or not any of that is usable, I'm not sure. But, I have text on the page and that's got to count for something, right?
Tally ho, friends! Keep working!
2 hrs later and I'm only on the top of pg. 6. It's so disappointing to work through the afternoon and have so little to show for it. In an attempt to make myself feel better, I will make a list of what I have so far:
Chapter I: Intro (3 pgs of mumbo-jumbo)
Chapter II: Review of Lit (13 pgs that needs some serious help)
Chapter III: Definition (6 pgs--what I'm working on now. Hoping it's going somewhere)
Chapter IV: Solitude (11 pgs in need of some reshaping and expansion)
Chapter V: Sacrifice (16 pgs that needs to be restructured and revised)
Chapter VI: Conclusion (I have none which could be why writing the other chapters is so difficult right now!)
The only reason I like to list things is because they seem so neat and orderly in list form. See, it looks like I have 49 pgs of something worth speaking of. Whether or not any of that is usable, I'm not sure. But, I have text on the page and that's got to count for something, right?
Tally ho, friends! Keep working!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home