10 Days

Can you believe that in only 10 short days I will be Mrs. Christina Hagen?
Me either.
There's much to do still, but things are winding down. I'm starting to get excited because so many people are coming from so far to support us and I can't wait to see them!
Maine, Florida, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah...to name a few states. I think this wedding is single-handedly boosting airline ticket sales.
Today we run around to return some items that we will not be needing for the wedding. I'm waiting to hear back from the cake lady for confirmation, the flowers for the reception have been ordered, our honeymoon is (mostly) planned.
I want it to be June 19. I want to be going to an interview at a lovely bank near our home on June 19. I want them to say: "you are brilliant! work here with us!" I want to pick out new text books for next semester, create a new syllabus, and assignments.
I want the next chapter to begin.

3 Comments:
At 11:17 AM,
Michael David MacBride said…
Very exciting. And then all the seating charts madness and flower issues and cake decorator horrors and DJ/band problems and reception hall booking nightmares will be worthwhile. In a blink, it will be over.
You'll be stunned at the end of the night wondering what happened. But you'll have a ring, pictures, and maybe a video to remind you. Which is good, because with everything going on you won't have time to absorb it all.
Then begins the hell of changing your name and opening new checking accounts and changing addresses and forwarding mail and getting a new license and passport (if you have one) and filling out form after form and providing some in triplicate wondering why you couldn't just do this online. I mean, really?
It will be overwhelming at first, but after it's done and the next chapter begins it will quickly be forgotten. Fortunately, you won't have photos and videos to remind you of this time. :)
Good luck, I am very happy for you.
At 11:23 AM,
Michael David MacBride said…
Oh, and don't forget you'll actually be: Mrs. Christina Hagen M.A.
At 9:03 PM,
Kristin said…
I seriously cannot believe you are getting married! You're the one person that I trust to get married. I know that when we talk, you'll still be Christi, not some robot-stepford-soulless-wife:)
Congrats and I am sorry I have to miss it:(
Post a Comment
<< Home