Christi's Corner

Friday, July 25, 2008

A blog for my favorite bride-to-be:

I drove 1300 miles between Monday and Thursday. What kind of moron lives in one state and teaches in another? This moron, that's who!

The Post-Colonial Lit. class is AMAZING. And now we know why people want to teach lit instead of stupid writing. Writing is fine, but Lit is fun! I'm super nerdy. I like to read and talk about what I'm reading with other people who are reading the same thing. This equals getting paid to do something that I adore. So, it's worth the 13 hr commute. Almost.

We move in one week. ONE WEEK. Is my house packed, you may ask? Not exactly because I have more grading to do than humanly possible and I still have to do member visits with K. Now I love doing member visits, especially if they involve someone else cooking dinner. However, they take 3 hrs or more and there's just a lot to get done in the next few days.

My dad is staying with us for a few days to help us move and to drive with me back and forth around the lake. It's nice to have someone else in the car; it's not such a long ride that way. However, spending 13+ hrs in a car with your dad is a long time. He talks a lot in the car. Sometimes I like it to be quiet. I'm glad we have the weekend off of driving.

Basically I use this account to blurk. I hardly ever check my own blog, but then when I do, the Bear insists that I post something. Sadly, nothing amusing has happened. There's been lots of drama of late, but none that I can post on the internet.

Thoughts about the new house: I like it. I bought a fridge for $30. Milwaukee is a weird place to live. The grass needs to be cut. We don't own a lawn mower.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Thank you:) So, okay here's an easy solution. When there's lots of drama that you can't post, CALL ME. Seriously that phone is attached to my ear lately:)

    Good luck with the move! See, I didn't have to ask when you were moving cause you posted it. Good blog:) You're off the hook for a couple of weeks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home