Christi's Corner

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Seriously?

WHAT?
The best that the Grammy's could come up with for BEST FEMALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE are these?

IT'S LIKE THAT: Mariah Carey
SINCE U BEEN GONE: Kelly Clarkson
GOOD IS GOOD: Sheryl Crow
I WILL NOT BE BROKEN: Bonnie Raitt
HOLLABACK GIRL: Gwen Stefani

Um--just look at the songs.
Pause and reflect on those songs. I know you've heard them all (sadly).


Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Makes me kind of wonder if I really could've purued a music career.

Mariah? yes dear, you have an 8 octave range. but even dogs don't want to hear any of them.
Kelly? *sigh* you are not rock. please stop.
Sheryl? i'm not even going to start in on that song...you used to be so cool.
Bonnie? you are old. thank you.
Gwen? oh, how i like you, but seriously, you introduce us to your "shit"-what is that about?

So, I guess it's been a lean music year for the ladies. Let's hope for a better showing next year.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Okay I understand and hear what you are saying. However, you are not allowing any room for people to have an OPINION. Do I listen to these songs to hear the best MELODY? No. Do I listen to them to hear stellar LYRICS? No. Do I listen to them because they are catchy, allow me to sing along, and just totally forget that I am having a shitty day in corporate America? YES.

    And lay off Kelly. To win a Grammy (and yes she won) after winning American Idol has got to count for something. Oh and I love her.:)

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Christi said…

    HA! I knew I'd get a comment out of you from this one!

    I watched her win actually. I like her a lot better with the blonde hair.

    She is the best American Idol; I'll give her that much.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Michael David MacBride said…

    I totally hear you here. When there is great music out there, it is sad to see people like that up for grammy's. Then again, those award shows never really recognize the good music. Sigh.

    The grammys always mess things up like "new band" and manage to pick someone who has been around for years but only now has a major label or is suddenly now having a hit song.

    The institution of award programs kind of makes me sick.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Oh go jump off a cliff dude. Music is like grading papers. What constitutes "good" or "great" is subjective.

    Music is like politics. Believe what you want to believe, listen to what you want to listen, but don't discuss it with people who cannot grasp the concept of a diversity of sounds and people.

    Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home