Christi's Corner

Monday, March 06, 2006

Here it is Monday again...

1. I went to the doctor today. A friend came along for moral support. You see, I haven't had a physical since my high school basketball days. Ick. My absolute favorite part of the visit, apart from the stirrups which make a girl feel so at home, was my dear friend's comment: "you know, the more I've been thinking about it, there really are a lot of excellent reasons to wait until you're married to have sex." This is in no way a slam against my friend or those who do not ascribe to the abstinence bit. But I can't help finding it hysterical that she said this. Or maybe it was the way she said it. Because, loyal reader, there must have been some logical, explainable basis for the birth (ha! I'm so, so clever) of such a notion. Let me be the first to say, it certainly wasn't invented because they thought it would be a good time. It isn't. Der.

2. Wedding Wonder. I've lost an usher. To a job in Alabama. I've lost a bridesmaid. To Maine or Canada or S. Korea. Actually, a more accurate note would be that I've lost a bridesmaid to beige. Nuff said. Afore mentioned usher has been replaced. Afore mentioned bridesmaid has displaced a groomsman who will now be doing the readings instead. Everyone involved is OK with the new assignments. So they say.

3. My thesis is stuck in the mud. If anyone has a thesis tow truck, please contact me immediately. We're at 66 pgs and counting. Now, if only they were good pages. That's another story, isn't it?

That is all for this installment, kids. Good night, and don't asphyxiate in bed tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Asphyxiation would be a welcome, much-needed break. But even that is too easy. Apparently life just has to be HARD or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home