Christi's Corner

Monday, February 20, 2006

MSN Careers--5 signs of burn out

These are the warning signs:
#1: "cranky and irritable with co-workers " --um yeah.

# 2: "come in late and want to leave earlier" --or just not go at all.

# 3: "Apathy has replaced enthusiasm.You feel no motivation, no sense of accomplishment and have no desire to be challenged." --well said.

# 4: "no desire in socializing in or out of the office"--i have become a recluse.

#5: "feeling physically sick... exhausted, have headaches, feel tension in all of your muscles"--check.

Oh good. Now that we know what the "signs" are, what can we do about it? Lucky for us, MSN Careers has some proactive suggestions:

Learn to say no. --No.

Reevaluate your goals. --A little late now.

Reduce your commitments at work and at home. --If I could I would, jackass.

Learn stress management skills. --Again, no.

Get plenty of rest and eat a healthy diet. --Maybe I can hire someone to do everything for me. And a personal chef. Yes, that's the ticket.

Finally, give yourself a break. --Like a nice little nap instead of working on my thesis? Huzzah!


*sigh*
Look how productive I am. Blogging and what-not really can fill up the day. If I don't find some motivation soon, I may just crawl back into my bed and not get out until Spring. At least the sun is out today and it has warmed all the way up to 25 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home