Christi's Corner

Monday, April 03, 2006

I shouldn't complain

...but we all know that's ridiculous. After all, what's a blog for?

So the date by which my thesis needs to be in all it's glory is May 1. This will give my readers time to read it before I defend. You see, I really want to defend before graduation. After graduation I have other things to focus on. Like, say, getting married, packing all my shit, and moving 400 miles away.

That gives me 4 weeks. I need to rewrite (read as basically scrap and start over) an entire chapter. I need to write an introduction & conclusion. I will need to revise the 2 of the other body chapters.

This seems reasonable, yes? It would be. Except a teacher, whose class I have adored this semester, has just dumped a shitload of unexpected work on me. A 6-8 pg paper the syllabus mentioned has now turned into a 8-12 pg paper. Not only that, but she wants a prospectus and a bibliographic essay using 10 sources--she calls this a "mini review of lit." I think it's supposed to help the graduate students get ready to write theirs. Wouldn't that have been helpful...um...last year?
Good.

All things considered, I still think I can somehow pull this off. Oh, yeah, I still have to teach. The wedding planning has been basically put on hold for coming up on a month. I'm so thankful my parents have taken over the invitation/response stuff. Most things are taken care of, but there is plenty more to do that I can't ask others to do.

K & I have been having a rough time of it lately. I was really looking forward to much-needed face time this weekend. Now I don't know if I have the time to spare. How sad that I can't even see my fiance because I have too much to do. That really sucks.

I wish I could take a couple weeks and retreat into the woods. No distractions. Me & Kate Chopin could have a go of it and see who came out on top. I'm so broken, she'd probably win:


2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Michael David MacBride said…

    That picture is priceless, it manages to capture my feelings exactly, as well as those expressed in your blog. Well done.

    Sorry to hear things have been rough, I think that kind of thing is going around. Maybe it just has to do with elevated levels of stress and the end of the semester being just around the corner. In either case, deep breaths and happy thoughts.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Kristin said…

    I may throw up at your little wedding day tracker at the top of your blog. Seriously. With your wedding, and the wedding I am in, I am fairly certain that I will be barfing a lot in June. Lord help me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home